1. Be active in your troop and patrol for at least 4 months as a First Class Scout.
2. Demonstrate scout spirit by living the Scout Oath (Promise) and Scout Law in your everyday life.
3. Earn 6 merit badges, including 4 from the required list for Eagle.
4. While a First Class Scout, take part in service projects totaling at least 6 hours of work. These projects must be approved by your Scoutmaster.
5. While a First Class Scout, serve actively 4 months in one or more of the following positions of responsibility (or carry out a Scoutmaster-assigned leadership project to help the troop):
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader,
Senior Patrol Leader,
Order of the Arrow Troop Representative,
Junior Assistant Scoutmaster,
Troop Webmaster, or
Leave No Trace trainer.
6. Take part in a Scoutmaster conference
7. Complete your board of review.