- Be active in your troop and patrol for at least 6 months as a Star Scout.
- Demonstrate Scout spirit by living the Scout Oath (Promise) and Scout Law in your everyday life.
- Earn 5 more merit badges (so that you have 11 in all), including any 3 more from the required list for Eagle.
- While a Star Scout, take part in service projects totaling at least 6 hours of work. These projects must be approved by your Scoutmaster.
While a Star Scout, serve actively 6 months in one or more of the following positions of responsibility (or carry out a Scoutmaster-assigned leadership project to help the troop):
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader,
Senior Patrol Leader,
Order of the Arrow Troop Representative,
Junior Assistant Scoutmaster, or
- While a Star Scout, use the EDGE method to teach a younger Scout the skills from ONE of the following seven choices, so that he is prepared to pass those requirements to his unit leader's satisfaction.
- Second Class - 7a and 7c (first aid)
- Second Class - 1a (outdoor skills)
- Second Class - 3c, 3d, 3e, and 3f (cooking/camping)
- First Class - 8a, 8b, 8c, and 8d (first aid)
- First Class - 1, 7a, and 7b (outdoor skills)
- First Class - 4a, 4b, and 4d (cooking/camping)
- Three requirements from one of the Eagle-required merit badges, as approved by your unit leader.
- Take part in a Scoutmaster conference.
- Complete your board of review.